PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Portsmouth say a man and a woman were injured in a shooting early Friday morning.
The woman’s injuries are considered life-threatening, police said.
Police said they received a call reporting the shooting at 12:08 a.m. Friday in the 50 block of Rivercrest Drive.
The woman has upper body injuries. Medics treated the woman on-scene and then transported her to a local hospital.
The man’s injuries are to an extremity and are not considered life-threatening. He was taken to a local hospital.
Police say there is no additional information at this time.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Chesapeake Police respond to pedestrian-involved crash near George Washington Highway
- Noland Trail and Mariners’ Museum Park to open Monday, June 15
- More than 200 joined in Surry County for peaceful protest
- Over 100 residents and team members recover from COVID-19 at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Gov. Cooper extends order for flags to remain at half-staff to honor Marine