PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Portsmouth Police said a bicyclist was struck by a truck and pinned under the vehicle for more than an hour Tuesday.
A police spokeswoman said the bicyclist was an adult man who sustained serious injuries after he was hit by a white Chevrolet truck.
Dispatchers say the incident happened around 6 p.m. in the 400 block of Mohican Drive.
The man was pinned until about 7:15 p.m.
He was taken to a local hospital and police said on Thursday that he is expected to recover.
At this time the investigation is ongoing and police said charges have not been filed against the driver of the pickup truck.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Hampton police search for suspect in armed robbery
- Man seriously injured following shooting on Breckinridge Ct. in Hampton
- Passenger detained at LAX after opening plane’s emergency exit, deploying slide: police
- Daniel Radcliffe, longtime partner Erin Darke expecting their first child together: reports
- 2 people shot at Sikh temple in Sacramento County, sheriff’s office says