PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Portsmouth Police responded to the emergency room of Maryview Hospital for a gunshot wound victim on Sunday.
Further investigation revealed that the incident took place in the 300 block of Ansell Avenue.
The call was dispatched at 6:48 p.m.
Police said the victim is an adult male who was shot in the lower body and has non life-threatening injures.
There is no additional information at this time.
Anyone with additional information can contact the Portsmouth Police Department or call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Tips may also be submitted online at P3Tips.com.
This is a developing news story, stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Some Hampton Roads schools may start before Labor Day to address COVID-19 learning loss
- Chris Beatty earns opportunity in the big time, as NFL assistant
- Watchdog investigator files lawsuit over Virginia parole board case
- William and Mary, JMU game postponed
- Judge orders Arizona man who wore horns in Capitol riot to stay in jail