PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — A man was hospitalized after being shot in the area of Chestnut and Randolph streets on Sunday night.
Police don’t have many details, but say the call for the shooting in the 900 block of Randolph Street came in just before 9:30 p.m. They learned the man walked into Maryview hospital with a non life-threatening gunshot wound to the lower body.
No suspect information is available at this time.
The Randolph St. shooting was one of two Sunday night in the city. Another shooting around 11:30 p.m. left a man with a life-threatening gunshot wound to the upper body. Police didn’t have a location for that shooting or suspect information.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Man wanted on murder, child abuse charges in Portsmouth
- Sentara Healthcare celebrates 80,000 COVID-19 vaccines administered
- Newport News Shipbuilding hosts groundbreaking for 19th home in Habitat for Humanity project
- Adopted twins separated at birth find each other living just 6 blocks apart
- Chesapeake Public Schools cancels football game between Great Bridge, Hickory after several players put on quarantine