PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Portsmouth Police say a man was seriously injured in a shooting Sunday morning on Queen Street.
Police responded to the 1200 block of Queen Street around 10:30 a.m. Sunday for a report of an injured male, police said Monday in a news release.
Officers arrived and found a man with a gunshot wound to his leg.
He was taken to a local hospital. Police say his injuries are considered serious.
No motive is known and no suspects have been identified, police said Monday.
- Border Patrol Chief Rodney Scott — border wall champion — to step down, will be reassigned
- Officials: Possible rabid fox found in Cheshire Forest
- Inaugural Suffolk Pride celebration hopes to unite community, raise funds for local LGBTQ center
- Chesapeake and VB named to 2021 Best- Run Cities in America list
- Myrtle Beach, SC advertising agency spreads word about missing Summer Wells with 20 billboards