PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Portsmouth say a 26-year-old man died Monday following a shooting on Charleston Avenue.
Police identified the man as 26-year-old William Selfridge, of Portsmouth.
Police responded to the 2000 block of Charleston Avenue for a report of a man who was shot around 2:30 a.m. Monday.
Officers arrived to find Selfridge suffering from a gunshot wound to the torso.
He was taken to the hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
- Helicopters drop water as ship continues to burn at Naval Base San Diego
- Elvis Presley’s grandson dies at age 27, agent says
- Kelly Preston, actress and wife of John Travolta, dies at 57
- Person suffers serious injuries in crash on Granby Street
- Reports: Washington to shed ‘Redskins’ name Monday