PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Portsmouth say a 26-year-old man died Monday following a shooting on Charleston Avenue.
Police identified the man as 26-year-old William Selfridge, of Portsmouth.
Police responded to the 2000 block of Charleston Avenue for a report of a man who was shot around 2:30 a.m. Monday.
Officers arrived to find Selfridge suffering from a gunshot wound to the torso.
He was taken to the hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
- Virginia Senate race: Warner and Gade debate for first time Wednesday night
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- Polling in Biden-Trump race; Biden up 5% among Virginia voters