PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — A 17-year-old girl died after a double shooting Wednesday afternoon in Portsmouth.
Both the girl and a male victim were shot, with the male suffering life-threatening injuries. The girl’s name is being withheld at this time, police say, but her family has been notified.
A police spokesperson confirmed the incident happened shortly after noon in the 2600 block of High Street. Both of the victims were shot in the upper body, police said.
As of Thursday morning, no suspects had been identified, but police were looking for a faded black, 4-door vehicle believed to be an early 2000 model Honda Civic. Police said the vehicle may have temporary tags and the rear passenger window tint appears to be “bubbling.”
The vehicle was last seen on Wednesday at 12:13 p.m. heading east on High Street.
Anyone with information or who recognizes the pictured vehicle is asked to call the Portsmouth Police Department Major Crimes Unit at 757-393-8536 or submit an anonymous tip through the Portsmouth Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with WAVY for updates.
- Light the Way for justice
- Hampton University given $17.7M to support entrepreneurship during pandemic
- One of last living Tuskegee Airmen celebrates 102nd birthday
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail
- NBC News to air special coverage, analysis of presidential debate