PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police are investigating a shooting that left a man injured Wednesday morning in Portsmouth.
Dispatch said they received the call around 3 a.m. for a shooting in the 300 block of Armstrong Street.
One man was shot in the torso and transported to a hospital with unknown injuries.
Police spokesperson Victoria Varnedoe said the victim suffered several gunshot wounds.
No other details were available early Wednesday, including suspect information.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for updates.
- Chesapeake’s Cam Thomas goes to Brooklyn Nets with 27th pick in NBA Draft
- Reigning BMX gold medalist Connor Fields stretchered off track
- Texas deputy AG apologizes to Simone Biles after calling her ‘childish’ and ‘selfish’
- The Diplomatic Security Service: How US athletes are kept safe at the Olympics
- Fully vaccinated North Carolina couple who got COVID-19 have message for others