PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police are investigating a shooting that left a man injured Wednesday morning in Portsmouth.
Dispatch said they received the call around 3 a.m. for a shooting in the 300 block of Armstrong Street.
One man was shot in the torso and transported to a hospital with unknown injuries.
Police spokesperson Victoria Varnedoe said the victim suffered several gunshot wounds.
No other details were available early Wednesday, including suspect information.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for updates.
- If you traveled for Thanksgiving, ‘assume you were exposed,’ Birx says
- HRSD: Billing remains suspended, no late fees for customers following November ransomware attack
- Watch: Massive alligator eats duck hunters’ trophy in a Florida lake
- South Carolina business criticized for banning masks inside store
- Tickets go on sale for 2021 Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion