PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — This week, we encountered more examples of how our actions can scatter the darkness before us. It’s how we celebrate life — sometimes against the odds — with what are often two diametrically opposed forces: resolve and grace.
This week, we also saw dogged determination to gather branches from a family tree that had fallen over time, and replant them to bloom in a mother’s heart.
It is that love that fosters mercy, so we may care for those who can’t speak for themselves. It comes back to those forces, grace and resolve, working as one. They let us hear the voice in our soul, so we may light the way.
- Louisville mayor: 2 officers shot are recovering
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- Ohio family discovers family WWII heirloom tucked away in a box