Correction: Police originally said the victim was a child, but later clarified he was an adult.
PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Portsmouth police say they are investigating after a man was shot Saturday afternoon on Afton Parkway.
Police responded to the call just after 3:30 p.m.
The 18-year-old victim was transported to a local hospital with a gunshot wound to the torso and a lower extremity. Police said Monday that the man’s injuries were non life-threatening.
Police are still investigating the shooting, which happened just after a fatal shooting on Airline Blvd. Police have identified 36-year-old Robert L. Smith as a person of interest in connection to that shooting.
Anyone with information can contact Portsmouth Police at 757-393-5300 or submit a tip to the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Police: 12-year-old child suffers injuries following overnight shooting in Norfolk
- Following the Funds: Who has donated to presidential candidates in Hampton Roads?
- East Beach neighborhood in Norfolk sees string of mail thefts
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured in crash on East Princess Anne Road
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total