PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — The organizer of a GoFundMe page for Chris Green — the man severely injured when a Confederate soldier statue was pulled down during a protest in Portsmouth — says he is finally home after nearly three months of hospitalization and recovery.
The GoFundMe page posted a new update Friday saying Green is now home but still has a journey ahead of him.
As of Sept. 11, the page raised about $56,860 for Green and his family to help with expenses.
Here is the full post:
Guess who’s home!! Thank you for all the prayers and support!! The journey still isn’t done but we are half way there!!
- How to watch the NASA Wallops Rocket launch tonight
- ‘Not all wounds are visible’: Dog helps Virginia veteran cope with PTSD
- First-time voter? Here’s what you need to know
- Relief for sleep apnea patients could come with an implant, not a machine
- Mark Cuban donates $50,000 to both LA deputies shot in ambush attack