PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — The organizer of a GoFundMe page for Chris Green — the man severely injured when a Confederate soldier statue was pulled down during a protest in Portsmouth — says he is finally home after nearly three months of hospitalization and recovery.
The GoFundMe page posted a new update Friday saying Green is now home but still has a journey ahead of him.
As of Sept. 11, the page raised about $56,860 for Green and his family to help with expenses.
Here is the full post:
Guess who’s home!! Thank you for all the prayers and support!! The journey still isn’t done but we are half way there!!
- Blog: Record heat and high humidity!
- Excellent Educators: Andy Linn is longtime teacher, mentor on Peninsula
- World Bee Day: Here’s why bees matter and why they need help
- Man accused of attacking Dave Chappelle onstage charged in roommate’s stabbing
- Blue crab populations declining despite controls on harvesting, study shows