PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — The U.S. Coast Guard Mid-Atlantic district out of Portsmouth received a report of an empty kayak drifting in the Piankatank River on Saturday.
The kayak is a single-person, Trailblazer Pelican kayak that was in the vicinity of the Route 3 Twiggs Ferry Road Bridge area.
Anyone with information should contact the command center’s number at 757-483-8567.
The U.S. Coast Guard Mid-Atlantic is the Fifth Coast Guard District headquartered in Portsmouth, Virginia, and covers the waters of New Jersey through North Carolina.
More information can be found online.
- Chesapeake Police respond to pedestrian-involved crash near George Washington Highway
- Noland Trail and Mariners’ Museum Park to open Monday, June 15
- More than 200 joined in Surry County for peaceful protest
- Over 100 residents and team members recover from COVID-19 at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Gov. Cooper extends order for flags to remain at half-staff to honor Marine