PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — The Department of Public Utilities has been working since Friday afternoon to resolve water system pressure issues in Portsmouth.
Some residents in the Port Norfolk neighborhood have been without water for over 24 hours.
“It appears that trapped air in the system is impeding water delivery to the area. Crews are systematically opening hydrants and valves to bleed the air and restore normal service. This work is ongoing and may take extended time to complete,” said department officials in a statement released.
Stay with WAVY on air and online for updates.
- Crash shuts down portion of Hampton Boulevard in Norfolk
- Virginia Zoo in Norfolk thankful for support and looking to re-open more areas on the property
- Five area teams will host state football semifinals on Saturday
- State senator warns Gloucester’s use of sales tax increase could have ‘chilling’ effect for other communities
- Ghost tour company that started in Williamsburg buys Lizzie Borden House in Massachusetts