PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — The Black Lives Matters group is planning its second protest this weekend — this time, in Portsmouth.
The group is planning to meet at 801 Crawford Street at 6 p.m. — the location near where a man was seriously injured while protesters tore down parts of the Confederate monument back in June.
The Sunday protest is calling for action to “defund the police,” as well as “stop the corruption” and “drop all charges against protestors,” according to a post on the group’s social media page.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases