PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — A three-hour barricade situation in Portsmouth ended without incident Wednesday night.
Police say they responded to a report of a person who might be in crisis around 4:45 p.m. in the 600 block of Lanier Crescent, a police spokeswoman said.
The person barricaded himself inside his home when police arrived.
Police then sought an emergency custody order.
The person later surrendered without incident around 7:40 p.m. and was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, the spokeswoman said.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Blood test could diagnose Alzheimer’s disease decades before symptoms develop, doctors say
- Second child tax credit payment expected next week
- Apple to scan U.S. iPhones for child sexual abuse imagery
- NCDHHS announces $100 cash card program for those getting first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- New ‘South Park’ deal to extend series through 2027; 14 original movies to stream