PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — A three-hour barricade situation in Portsmouth ended without incident Wednesday night.
Police say they responded to a report of a person who might be in crisis around 4:45 p.m. in the 600 block of Lanier Crescent, a police spokeswoman said.
The person barricaded himself inside his home when police arrived.
Police then sought an emergency custody order.
The person later surrendered without incident around 7:40 p.m. and was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, the spokeswoman said.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Ravens-Steelers rescheduled again by COVID-19 to Wednesday
- Power, Force, and the Stoke: The 2020 hurricane season comes to an end
- Suffolk coffee shop pouring into community through espressos and education
- Cutter returns to new homeport of Portsmouth after conducting joint maritime operations
- Police investigating multiple robberies targeting Portsmouth convenience stores