PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – A 16-year-old boy was shot Thursday afternoon in Portsmouth, police confirmed.
Portsmouth police said Thursday night that the teen was shot in the 90 block of Paul Jones Street and that his wound was to the “upper body.”
Dispatchers said the call reporting the shooting came in around 2 p.m.
Police said the teen was receiving treatment for his injuries, which they said was not life-threatening.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Man injured in shooting on Broad Street in Portsmouth
- Crews respond to fire on Brandon Boulevard in Virginia Beach
- Overturned vehicle on I-64 in Newport News closes westbound travel lanes
- Officers, family and friends remember late Officer Katie Thyne
- Man dies in shooting on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News