PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — A man was stabbed and seriously injured Wednesday night in Portsmouth.
Police say they were dispatched around 7 p.m. to the 5800 block of Hawthorne Lane.
They found a man who was stabbed in “the lower body,” Sgt. Misty Holley said.
His injuries are considered serious and he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Police say they have a person in custody, but did not elaborate further.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Cal Cunningham speaks to FOX8 about how growing up in Lexington shaped his values
- Senator Thom Tillis speaks to FOX8 about how his personal life shapes his political goals
- ‘We want them to survive’: More Virginia small businesses can now apply for this grant
- More details in the tragic death of 3-year-old who died after shooting himself at VB apartment
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee