POQUOSON, Va. (WAVY) — Community donations have allowed the Poquoson Police Foundation to outfit all the patrol cars and two of the city schools with LifeVac devices.
The device is designed to clear the airway of choking victims quickly and without trauma.
“These projects are impossible without dedicated volunteers and donations. Please visit our website at poqpolicefoundation.org to see what projects we work on and to donate online,” PPF officials posted to social media.
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals