NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police are investigating a shooting that sent a woman to the hospital over the weekend.
According to Norfolk Police, officials received a call about a gunshot disturbance just after 4:30 a.m. Saturday in the area of Greenleaf Avenue.
Officers arrived to find a man and a woman suffering from gunshot wounds. The woman was taken to the hospital with injuries considered not life-threatening. The man’s injury was superficial, police said.
The investigation is ongoing.
- NC bill would give police ability to track your cellphone’s real-time location
- Combating vaccine hesitancy among Gen Z as COVID cases, hospital admissions tick up
- NC State researchers developing probiotic yeast that produces vitamins a body needs
- 19-year-old charged with shooting Sampson County detention officer during dispute, deputies say
- Durham woman stabbed boyfriend to death during argument, deputies say