NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A Norfolk woman has been charged with murder after she fatally stabbed a man Monday morning, police say.
Police say the stabbing was domestic-related and it happened around 2:30 a.m. in the 300 block of S. Military Highway. Officers found the victim, 39-year-old Dwan Winborne, at the scene with a stab wound. He was taken to Sentara Leigh hospital, where he later died.
After an investigation, police said they charged 32-year-old Shana C. Winborne with second-degree murder. There are no other details in the case, but police say Winborne is being held at the Norfolk City Jail without bond.
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- Minor driving stolen vehicle leads police pursuit before crashing into house in Elizabeth City
- Virginia COVID-19 Dec. 5 update: Backlog results in new record high with 3,793 new cases, 37 additional deaths reported statewide
- 89-year-old man dies following three-vehicle crash in Gloucester