NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police are investigating after a construction worker died after a reported fall Wednesday morning on Colley Avenue.
The incident happened at the site of the new EVMS building, Waitzer Hall, located on the corner of Colley Avenue and W. Brambleton Avenue. The building is still under construction.
The call came in around 8:30 a.m. for an undetermined death. When police arrived they found a man unconscious. They pronounced him dead at the scene.
No other details are available, but police say there are no signs of foul play at this time.
The victim’s name hasn’t been released, but WAVY News spoke with a man at the scene who said he was the deceased man’s brother. He said his brother was just 25 years old, full of life, engaged and excited to get married.
We reached out to EVMS, they sent us this statement:
“We are deeply saddened by this tragic death and our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased.”
S.B. Ballard is the company building Waitzer Hall. 10 On Your Side reached out to see if the deceased construction worker was one of their employees. We did not hear back at the time this story was published.
- Police: 12-year-old child suffers injuries following overnight shooting in Norfolk
- Following the Funds: Who has donated to presidential candidates in Hampton Roads?
- East Beach neighborhood in Norfolk sees string of mail thefts
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured in crash on East Princess Anne Road
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total