NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police are investigating after a construction worker died after a reported fall Wednesday morning on Colley Avenue.
The incident happened at the site of the new EVMS building, Waitzer Hall, located on the corner of Colley Avenue and W. Brambleton Avenue. The building is still under construction.
The call came in around 8:30 a.m. for an undetermined death. When police arrived they found a man unconscious. They pronounced him dead at the scene.
No other details are available, but police say there are no signs of foul play at this time.
The victim’s name hasn’t been released, but WAVY News spoke with a man at the scene who said he was the deceased man’s brother. He said his brother was just 25 years old, full of life, engaged and excited to get married.
We reached out to EVMS, they sent us this statement:
“We are deeply saddened by this tragic death and our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased.”
S.B. Ballard is the company building Waitzer Hall. 10 On Your Side reached out to see if the deceased construction worker was one of their employees. We did not hear back at the time this story was published.
- Friday night football returns to Hampton Roads for first time in over a year
- Chesapeake man convicted of murdering wife in 2017
- Old Dominion win stay hot, knock off Middle Tennessee 67-61
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs recovered safely
- Full Snow Moon is this weekend, and you can see 3 planets at sunrise