NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The DAV and RecruitMilitary will be hosting a virtual career fair for members of the military community.
The free online hiring event is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 22 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. The fair is for transitioning military personnel, veterans, National Guard members, reserve members, and military spouses.
Industries such as distribution, supply chain, logistics, e-commerce, data storage/broadband, pharmaceuticals, select retail are just a few of the areas of business that are rapidly hiring and in large volumes.
“At Bradley-Morris and RecruitMilitary, we care deeply about the military community we serve that includes job seekers, employers, and our own team. Given the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control regarding COVID-19, to protect the safety of everyone involved, we shifted all upcoming in-person hiring events into our virtual veteran career fair platform,” says Chris Stevens, Senior Vice President at RecruitMilitary.
“Virtual hiring events are not new to us. We’ve been offering these types of events, in addition to digitally interactive resources, for several years. We’re proud to continue serving those who need us during this time to secure employment and sustain workforce development.”
- Coast Guard helps 4 mariners after vessel began taking on water near NC Oregon Inlet
- Crews from Virginia Beach Fire, North Carolina departments team up to install more than 50 smoke alarms
- No. 21 Virginia tops Louisville 68-58 to claim ACC title
- Michigan’s 2nd oldest resident celebrating 113th birthday
- Dawes scores 21 as Clemson defeats Pittsburgh 77-62 in finale