NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The DAV and RecruitMilitary will be hosting a virtual career fair for members of the military community next week.
The free online hiring event is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 22 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. The fair is for transitioning military personnel, veterans, National Guard members, reserve members, and military spouses.
Industries such as distribution, supply chain, logistics, e-commerce, data storage/broadband, pharmaceuticals, select retail are just a few of the areas of business that are rapidly hiring and in large volumes.
“At Bradley-Morris and RecruitMilitary, we care deeply about the military community we serve that includes job seekers, employers, and our own team. Given the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control regarding COVID-19, to protect the safety of everyone involved, we shifted all upcoming in-person hiring events into our virtual veteran career fair platform,” says Chris Stevens, Senior Vice President at RecruitMilitary.
“Virtual hiring events are not new to us. We’ve been offering these types of events, in addition to digitally interactive resources, for several years. We’re proud to continue serving those who need us during this time to secure employment and sustain workforce development.”
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals