TALLAHASSEE (WAVY) – Keyontae Johnson, the University of Florida basketball player who collapsed on the court during his team’s game against Florida State on Saturday, is awake and posted a video update on his Twitter account Friday evening.
“To all the doctors and medical staff at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital…I just want to say thank you for all the support you gave me,” said Johnson.
The Norfolk native and former star at Norview High School spent several days in a medically-induced coma, before showing signs of improvement on Wednesday night.
- RELATED: Norfolk’s Keyontae Johnson speaking, calling teammates via FaceTime after collapsing during game
- See any parking or transportation issues you want to see improve at the Oceanfront? The city wants to hear from you
- Virginians are traveling to North Carolina for COVID-19 vaccinations, and they’re receiving them
- North Carolinians wait for unemployment benefits as state, feds implement new law
- With some of NC’s COVID numbers improving, now comes the wait for drops in lagging indicators
- 2 men dead after shooting, crash on Settlers Landing Road in Hampton