NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Two people were taken to the hospital after a crash led to a vehicle going off a bridge Wednesday morning on Shore Drive at Little Creek.
Firefighters say there were two vehicles involved, with one going over the bridge about 40 feet down into a marshy area. The 911 call came in at 11:38 a.m.
The vehicle landed upside down, but firefighters say all of its occupants were able to get out before crews arrived. Two people in total were hospitalized, but firefighters said it’s unclear how many people were in the two vehicles.
Photos of the other vehicle show heavy front end damage.
Northbound lanes on Shore Drive were closed for a time, but reopened by 4 p.m.
- Coast Guard helps 4 mariners after vessel began taking on water near NC Oregon Inlet
- Crews from Virginia Beach Fire, North Carolina departments team up to install more than 50 smoke alarms
- No. 21 Virginia tops Louisville 68-58 to claim ACC title
- Michigan’s 2nd oldest resident celebrating 113th birthday
- Dawes scores 21 as Clemson defeats Pittsburgh 77-62 in finale