NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Two people were taken to the hospital after a crash led to a vehicle going off a bridge Wednesday morning on Shore Drive at Little Creek.
Firefighters say there were two vehicles involved, with one going over the bridge about 40 feet down into a marshy area. The 911 call came in at 11:38 a.m.
The vehicle landed upside down, but firefighters say all of its occupants were able to get out before crews arrived. Two people in total were hospitalized, but firefighters said it’s unclear how many people were in the two vehicles.
Photos of the other vehicle show heavy front end damage.
Northbound lanes on Shore Drive were closed for a time, but reopened by 4 p.m.
- Final supermoon of the year happening this week: Here’s when to see it
- High-tech company Vectrona lands expansion grant in Virginia Beach
- Virginia virtual learning programs seeing more students, teachers than pre-COVID times
- Lawn and garden manufacturer Oldcastle APG setting up new production facility in Suffolk, creating 28 new jobs
- Chesapeake man sentenced to more than 17 years for transportation of child pornography