NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) -- A 44-year-old man is in custody after a 28-year-old man was found with stab wounds at Norfolk State University on Saturday.
Norfolk police say they responded to the campus around 2:45 p.m. for reports of a stabbing incident. When they arrived, they found a victim with multiple stab wounds.
The victim was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for treatment, but his injuries are not considered life-threatening, according to police.
Timothy Lowder of Norfolk was arrested two days later in connection to the incident and charged with malicious wounding. Police say Lowder is currently being held in the Norfolk City Jail without bond.
10 On Your Side obtained the emergency alert sent to students through the university's emergency alert program. The message stated the following:
"This is a message from your organization. On December 1, 2018 at approximately 2:50 p.m., it was reported to Norfolk State University police that two Norfolk State employees were involved in a physical altercation. The incident occurred at the Scott/Dozier Dining Hall. The suspect fled the scene in an unknown direction and is still at large..."
University officials could not confirm to 10 On Your Side that the two men were employed at the institution at the time of the incident.
Stay on WAVY.com for updates.
- Norfolk Sheriff's Office welcomes new K-9 to work inside jail
- Thousands of Sailors, Marines with amphibious ready group deploy
- Crews begin demolishing Greenies bar in Norfolk
- Recounts underway in 3 Va. Beach council races
- Families reunited as Truman strike group returns to Norfolk
- Blog: Sunshine Is Back. Overall, A Mild Week!
- Man accused of assaulting Isle of Wight deputy arrested