NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — TowneBank has been approved to buy a Downtown Norfolk parking garage and is in negotiations to purchase the Norfolk Southern office building, but the company won’t move its headquarters to the Mermaid City, a spokesman says.
Norfolk City Council gave the go-ahead for McKinnon Tower LLC to purchase the Commercial Place Parking Garage on March 24. McKinnon Tower LLC is a legal entity that includes TowneBank, according to a written statement by bank spokesman Joel Rubin.
TowneBank is in negotiations to buy the Norfolk Southern Building, located at 3 Commercial Pl. The company needed to buy the nearby garage for employee parking. Neither purchase is official, but “it is anticipated this will occur this coming summer,” Rubin wrote.
TowneBank will use the 22-story Norfolk Southern building for business, but Rubin said its corporate headquarters will remain in the Harbour View section of Suffolk.
- New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis Jr. died of COVID-19 complications at age 85, son says
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Va. nurse to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals
- New federal rules to help states combat coronavirus patient surge
- How coronavirus can impact your credit score
- Newport News Police respond to shooting on Monitor Court