NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police say a teenager died in a shooting on Pollard Street Tuesday afternoon.
Officers responded to the shooting around 4:50 p.m. in the 900 block of Pollard Street.
The teen was pronounced dead at the scene, the department wrote on Twitter.
WAVY News 10 is on the scene, which appears to be at a playground.
Norfolk Police tweeted an update Tuesday around 9:20 p.m. saying a suspect was in custody.
Police did not release any details about the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Post Office to close Christmas Day, New Year’s Day
- Police: Vehicle runs off-road in Williamsburg, damages transformer pole
- Tide gate testing at the HRBT Sunday morning, potential ‘hour-long delays’
- Naval Weapons Station Yorktown nominated for ‘2021 Installation Excellence Award’
- Peninsula man’s shooting-related charges withdrawn Wednesday