NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police say a teenager died in a shooting on Pollard Street Tuesday afternoon.
Officers responded to the shooting around 4:50 p.m. in the 900 block of Pollard Street.
The teen was pronounced dead at the scene, the department wrote on Twitter.
WAVY News 10 is on the scene, which appears to be at a playground.
Norfolk Police tweeted an update Tuesday around 9:20 p.m. saying a suspect was in custody.
Police did not release any details about the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Hokies get set to play host to NC State in season opener Saturday night
- JMU students to return for in-person learning month after surge in cases
- Tracking the Tropics: Beta brings heavy rain, flash floods to Texas
- New Hampshire man wins contest with 1-ton pumpkin
- VBCPS to discuss possible reopening plans, pre-school though second grade could return next Tuesday