NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk’s Fatherhood Development Group is returning this month for another session of stories and advices about fatherhood.
The Fatherhood Development Group brings fathers of all ages together to share their stories and to support one another while gaining new insight into the challenges of responsible parenting.
The program, which is free and open to all fathers, was launched back in 20012 aimed at improving the quality of the relationships between fathers and their children.
Participants meet weekly for eight weeks and may be referred on a volunteer basis or by mandate. Participation is open to residents of Norfolk and Hampton Roads.
The 8-week virtual class runs from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. each Thursday from January 14 to March 4, 2021.
- Man injured in shooting on Broad Street in Portsmouth
- Crews respond to fire on Brandon Boulevard in Virginia Beach
- Overturned vehicle on I-64 in Newport News closes westbound travel lanes
- Officers, family and friends remember late Officer Katie Thyne
- Man dies in shooting on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News