NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – A resident of a Norfolk apartment complex was taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon for smoke inhalation, according to Norfolk Fire and Rescue.
Crews responded to a call about a fire at a 4-unit apartment complex in the 700 block of Roswell Avenue at 3:19 p.m. Thursday. They arrived to find a fire in the kitchen of one of the apartments. When they entered the unit, they located a fire victim inside, who was then transported to the hospital.
There were no other injuries reported.
Crews contained the fire to the unit where it originated.
Check WAVY.com for the latest updates.