NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A local barbecue restaurant woke up to an unfortunate sight Saturday morning.
Redwood Smoke Shack, located at 2001 Manteo Street in the Ghent area of Norfolk, found what appeared to be spray paint on the restaurant’s cedar storefront.
The restaurant posted the photo on social media in hopes to find more information regarding the vandalism.
Just a couple days before the incident, one of the restaurant’s employees had their bike stolen and has not yet been recovered.
Redwood uses two smokers to make roughly 95 percent of the items on their menu, including their street corn. Both smokers are fired up with wood and were specially made for them.
Offsetting the both modern and rustic aesthetic of Redwood are the graffiti art covered trash cans, created by a local artist Corbin Coronel.
- Potential long-term closure at Centerville Turnpike Bridge in Chesapeake leaves businesses worried
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside
- Family of Norfolk shooting victim offering $10,000 reward for information leading to suspect’s arrest
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting on Maplewood St. in Hampton
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison