NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A professional MMA fighter was sentenced to a year after he was charged with multiple sex crimes in Norfolk.
24-year-old Damon Minor, of Chesapeake, was arrested in Norfolk early October of last year.
He was arrested less than a week after the girl’s parents reported an incident involving electronic communications between their daughter and a man.
Court records show Minor was charged with six counts of taking indecent liberties with a child, two counts of using electronic means for procuring minors for obscene material, and enticing a minor to perform a sex act.
On Friday, Damon Minor was sentenced to 4 years with 3 years suspended and an additional 10 years of probation.
The website Tapology shows Minor’s professional MMA record is 5-2.
Minor is currently being held at Norfolk City Jail.
- Supreme Court to weigh Trump bid in census case
- Portion of NC 12 closed on Ocracoke due to overwash, Hatteras Ferry suspends service
- Blog: Strong Wind & Possible Severe Storms Today.
- McRib is back this week: McDonald’s fan-fave back nationwide for 1st time in 8 years
- William & Mary men’s hoops pauses after positive virus test, Tribe played ODU on Saturday