CORRECTION: Norfolk Police dispatch initially stated that the bomb threat occurred at 800 E. City Hall Avenue, but police later clarified the location. The story has been corrected.
NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk dispatch say they received a report of a disturbance and a bomb threat at a polling place Tuesday afternoon.
The call for the incident came just before 3 p.m. at 1122 W. Princess Anne Road, which is Taylor Elementary.
According to police, the threat turned out to be from a 63-year-old man who was then arrested by the Norfolk Fire Marshal.
Officials say the unidentified man is currently being detained and has a court appearance tomorrow.
No further information have been released.
- New ‘Wakanda Forever’ trailer released, mysterious hero revealed
- Fraud, scam cases increasing on Zelle, Senate report finds
- Biden surveys Hurricane Fiona’s damage in Puerto Rico, promises to ‘rebuild it all’
- Woman found guilty after killing pregnant mom, cutting out her unborn baby
- VNG staged and ready on Eastern Shore, Hampton Roads