NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk police are investigating a shooting that happened overnight off Granby Street in the NEON District just north of Brambleton Avenue.

And it was caught on one of the city’s new mobile surveillance cameras, police said.

Police said officers responded around 12:45 a.m. Monday to the 100 block of Starke Street (at Granby Street) for the report of a gunshot disturbance.

When officers got to the scene, they learned a 24-year-old man had been dropped off at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with gunshot wounds. Their injuries weren’t considered life-threatening.

Police said the preliminary investigation found the victim was shot in a parking lot in the 700 block of Granby Street.

There’s no suspect information available at this time.

One of the issues with this incident Monday morning was that the parking lot is at Granby and Starke streets. We’re told police usually patrol it, but not early Monday morning and that’s when the trouble started brewing.

WAVY’s Andy Fox went out to the area of the shooting on Monday and found several shell casings and cars that had been shot. Police also confirmed to WAVY that the shooting was captured on video, but have not released the footage at this time.

The mobile solar-powered camera units were just added last week on Granby Street in the downtown area. There are six in total, placed every few blocks.

The Downtown Norfolk Civic League requested the cameras after five people were shot on March 19, three fatally, outside Chicho’s Backstage. No video of that incident has come forth at this time.

“The surveillance cameras are being rented by the City of Norfolk from LiveView Technologies for approximately $1,300 a month and will be monitored by members of the Norfolk Police Department,” a spokesperson from the Norfolk Police Department wrote in an email.

Monday after the shooting, it was cutting and boarding up time at O.J. Wholesale. Never before has Omar Jawhar’s store window been blown out by gunfire.

“It is horrible what is happening on Granby Street. I’ve been here since 1989, and we have never seen anything like this,” he said.

At this time, we don’t know the relationship, if any, between the injured man and the bullet-riddled car. Late Monday afternoon, people showed up at the bullet-riddled car. We asked the woman who was there with another man and some children some questions.

“I am only concerned about my daughter… She is OK… Yes, she is fine,” she said.

We asked whether she knows the man who was taken to the hospital, and she said she didn’t After that, it was clear at that point she did not want to answer any more questions.

“To be honest with you, I was happy when I saw the camera [caught the incident on video]. They should have more presence in the community,“ Jawhar said.

We reached out to police to confirm whether the images could be useful for the investigation, but no word back.