NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police have identified a 22-year-old man who was shot to death after he “gained entry” into a Norfolk home on Monday night.
Carl A. Bell was shot to death in a home in the 1300 block of Jenifer Street. Norfolk police officers responded to the scene of the shooting around 7:30 p.m. and Bell was pronounced dead on the scene, a news release states.
Police are still investigating the shooting. They declined to say if charges are pending, but confirmed they are not looking for a suspect. Their preliminary investigation showed that Bell was shot by a resident after “gaining entry” to the home, according to a news release.
Anyone with information about this shooting should call the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Weekly jobless claims surge to record 6.6 million
- Social security recipients will automatically receive $1,200 stimulus check, won’t have to file return
- Blog: March Was 4th Warmest On Record. Now Onto April.
- New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis Jr. died of COVID-19 complications at age 85, son says
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Va. nurse to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals