NORFOLK, (WAVY) — Virginia State Police say a woman walking on the interstate was hit by a truck and killed Friday night in Norfolk.
Police later shared with us that her name was Danielle Lopez, a 25-year-old woman from Plainsfield, New Jersey.
The crash happened around 11:40 p.m. Friday on I-64 eastbound, off the ramp to eastbound I-264.
According to Sgt. Michelle Anaya of Virginia State Police, the driver was traveling I-64 eastbound, took the eastbound I-264 exit ramp and hit her when she was walking down the middle of the ramp.
Lopez was killed upon impact, police say.
It is unknown at this time if alcohol was a contributing factor.
- Why do we eat this? Origin stories behind 3 notorious Thanksgiving sides
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- Interactive map: County-by-county COVID-19 Thanksgiving risk assessment — see where Hampton Roads stacks up
- NFL player Isaiah Crowell gives back to his hometown of Columbus, Georgia
- Newsfeed Now: Black Friday deals and more