PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — A Flash Flood warning was issued for Portsmouth, Norfolk, and Chesapeake Saturday afternoon.
The warning came after a big swath of rain developed over Hampton Roads just before noon. The warning was in effect until 5:15 p.m.
According to Dominion Energy, thousands of customers in the Hampton Roads region lost power during the storm.
At the peak of the storm, over 5,000 residents in the region were reported as out of power due to the storm. Most outages were reported in Chesapeake with over 3,300 people without power. Over 1,500 residents in Portsmouth were experiencing outages.
To report a power outage in your neighborhood, click here.
- PHOTOS: New Springmaid Pier designed to survive Cat 4 storm
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- LIST: Where you’ll quarantine if traveling to or from South Carolina
- FL Sheriff: ‘I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt’