MOYOCK, N.C. (WAVY) — Authorities in Currituck County arrested a Norfolk woman on Wednesday night following a high-speed chase that ended in Moyock.
According to local deputies, Samantha D. Suski, 24, was arrested after she fled the scene following a routine traffic stop. Deputies first attempted to stop her after she was seen driving 88 mph in a 55 mph zone in the northbound lanes of Highway 168.
She recklessly fled northbound before crashing into another patrol car, authorities say. She initially resisted arrested, but was detained and eventually charged with DWI and several other charges.
Suski has been charged with:
- felony speeding to elude arrest,
- failing to heed to lights and sirens,
- speeding 110mph,
- possession of open container,
- possession of marijuana,
- possession of drug paraphernalia,
- 3 counts of assault on law enforcement
- and resist delay and obstruct law enforcement.
She is currently being held at the Currituck County Detention Center on a $65,000.00 secured bond.