NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The City of Norfolk is offering free COVID-19 testing this Saturday — tests are limited.
The August 15 event is open to the public and will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Queen Street Baptist Church located at 415 E. Brambleton Avenue in Norfolk.
Initially, there was a registration link to secure a spot but as of about 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, the city posted to its Twitter that the electronic registrations are full and walk-ins will be accepted.
Norfolk was also recently selected as part of the Health Equity Pilot Program where 20,000 cloth masks, bottles of hand sanitizer, and public health materials have been allocated to the city and will be distributed at select events.
- Williamsburg Airport celebrates 50 years
- Confederate monument in Isle of Wight staying put for now, as board appoints task force to study future
- Democratic and Republican leaders express willingness to work together on stimulus relief bill
- Organization rescues animals of all sizes from wildfires raging across the West
- U.S. Marshals arrest 262 suspects, find 5 missing children in Oklahoma operation