NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police said they arrested a 20-year-old man Thursday in connection with a shooting earlier in the day at a gas station.
Police said Dearon E. Mosley, 20, was arrested and charged with malicious wounding and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Dispatch received a call around 2 p.m. for officers to respond to the 900 block of Ingleside Road, which is just off E. Virginia Beach Boulevard and across the street from Ingleside Elementary School. The address given by police was for a Citgo gas station.
A 17-year-old was found shot in the parking lot at that location, according to Norfolk Police. He was taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Mosley is currently being held at Norfolk City Jail without bond.
Correction: Police originally said the victim was a man. Later on Thursday, they clarified the victim is 17 years old.
- More monoliths materialize around the world … as memes
- Activists organizing vehicle caravan to call for immigration reform, suspension of deportations
- US House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- Playbook | End of ACC’s regular season begins with bowls starting to cancel
- DHS nominee vows administration will ‘roll up sleeves’ and reform immigration on Day 1