NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Authorities are now investigating after one man died and another suffered life-threatening injuries following an overnight shooting in Norfolk.
Norfolk Police were called out to the 400 block of West 34th Street around 3:20 this morning for a shooting. When police arrived, two men were found to have life-threatening injuries. They were both taken to a local hospital.
Later in the day, police reported that one of the men, identified as 29-year-old Daniel D. Yancey, succumbed to his injuries.
Stay with WAVY-TV for the latest on this breaking news story.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
- USNS Laramie returns to Naval Station Norfolk
- ‘Afraid for my life’: Portland protesters testify before Congress
- U.S. lawmakers disagree on how to curb violence during protests
- President Trump signs off on Great American Outdoors Act
- $35M in federal grants will pay for trafficking victim housing