NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Authorities are now investigating after one man died and another suffered life-threatening injuries following an overnight shooting in Norfolk.
Norfolk Police were called out to the 400 block of West 34th Street around 3:20 this morning for a shooting. When police arrived, two men were found to have life-threatening injuries. They were both taken to a local hospital.
Later in the day, police reported that one of the men, identified as 29-year-old Daniel D. Yancey, succumbed to his injuries.
Stay with WAVY-TV for the latest on this breaking news story.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Black Diamond Weekend conference available for Hampton Roads minority-owned businesses
- Potential long-term closure at Centerville Turnpike Bridge in Chesapeake leaves businesses worried
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside
- Family of Norfolk shooting victim offering $10,000 reward for information leading to suspect’s arrest
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting on Maplewood St. in Hampton