NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A woman who was the subject of much discussion on social media after she was said to be missing was found dead in Norfolk, police confirmed Wednesday night.
Police said they responded to a report of an unresponsive woman around 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 15 in the 1200 block of Hillside Avenue.
They arrived and located the 36-year-old woman. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the woman was later identified as Sheena West.
Police said there doesn’t appear to be any sign of foul play at this time, but the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will determine her official cause and manner of death.
The case is being classified as an “undetermined death,” police said.
Posts about West have been circulating on social media for several days asking for help finding her whereabouts. Those have since been deleted.
- Newport News police conducting a death investigation on 29th Street in Newport News
- Fauci says 1-shot J&J vaccine should have been 2
- These types of toys will be hardest to find this holiday season
- Grambling State cancels Homecoming events for today amid another campus shooting, 1 dead & several injured
- ‘The Office’ Experience makes its US debut: See inside