NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police Chief Larry Boone held a Zoom call with local inmates this week.
Boone spoke as part of the Norfolk Sheriff’s Office “Second Chances” program and discussed topics including his story of overcoming adversity.
The grant program hopes to reduce recidivism and to also set up inmates for success upon their release back into society.
- Virginia Jan. 22 COVID-19 update: Virginia surpasses 6,000 COVID-19 deaths, cases down this week
- Protesters gather, damage Democratic headquarters in Oregon
- No injuries reported after truck catches fire on N. Military Highway
- NFL giving 7,500 vaccinated health care workers free tickets to Super Bowl in Tampa
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship