NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Shipyard Commander Capt. Kai Torkelson delivered a video message to employees on Thursday regarding actions taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
The commander discussed the continuing plans at the shipyard as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve. Plans include teleworking options for staff and regular updates via social media outlets and online.
In a video released on Wednesday, the commander discussed safety precautions, screenings, cancellations, leave restrictions, and no-touch policies at the perimeter gates.
There are no positive cases of the coronavirus at Norfolk Naval Shipyard, according to officials.
This video was provided by the Shipyard Instructional Design Center, Code 1170.
Stay with WAVY on-air and online for more updates and breaking coronavirus coverage.
- Woman fighting for life after Tuesday morning shooting in Richmond
- Dozens of coronavirus cases traced to California church
- Sam Adams brewery to help restaurant workers with $1K grants
- Virginia high school uses 3D printers to make masks for nearby hospital
- Local lawn care company offers free services for those in need