NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police have arrested a Norfolk man after a shooting back in May that left a 30-year-old man dead.
Michael A. Faulkner, 36, has been charged with second-degree murder and use of a firearm. Police say Faulkner fatally shot Shelvin D. Alston, of Norfolk, back on May 30 in the 1100 block of Oaklawn Avenue. It happened around 7:15 p.m., police say.
So far detectives haven’t released information on the motive or other details at this time.
Faulkner is being held at Norfolk City Jail with bond denied.
- Gov. Cooper confirms fatality from tornado in Bertie County during Isaias
- BLOG: Isaias brings tornadoes, wind and rain to our area
- Damage: Photos, videos of Hurricane Isaias flooding and damage in Myrtle Beach area
- Structure fires in Ocean Isle Beach after Isaias landfall
- Damage reported throughout Suffolk after possible tornado, King’s Fork High in Suffolk opened as emergency shelter