NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The Norfolk City Democratic Committee announced Saturday they have selected Angelia Williams Graves to be their nominee in the special election to fill the 90th District seat on the House of Delegates.
Graves narrowly beat Rick James, a former Norfolk Police detective and Norfolk NAACP executive member.
She will face off with the winner of Sunday’s Norfolk GOP caucus between construction company administrator Sylvia Bryant.
The election will be Jan. 5
Former Norfolk and Virginia Beach Del. Joe Lindsey, who represented the 90th District, recently resigned from his position to take an appointment as a general district court judge in Norfolk.
“I am both honored and humbled by the confidence the Norfolk General Assembly delegation both House of Delegates and Senate, Democrat and Republican, have shown in recommending me to fill this vacancy,” Lindsey said in early November.
- VB authorities seeking well-dressed man who tried to use stolen credit card for $900 in purchases
- Virginia Zoo announces passing of longtime bison
- FBI: Tennessee man paid hitman in Bitcoin to kill his wife
- Kinston police, independent council say force used in arrest of man in viral video ‘lawful’ and ‘required’
- Subway franchisee group ‘cannot endorse’ chain’s cheesy new sandwiches