NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A Norfolk chaplain is accused of attempting indecent liberties with a child.
66-year-old Victor Matthias Philip was arrested on Friday regarding multiple charges of attempting indecent liberties with a child under the age of 15.
An incident report from Norfolk police shows Philip, of Saint Mihiel Avenue in Norfolk, was arrested by an undercover female detective at a playground on Tidewater Drive. The report says the detective said she was a juvenile.
10 On Your Side learned that Philip worked as a chaplain at Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital in Norfolk.
The president and CEO of Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital confirmed Philip’s contract to provide chaplain services at the facility and says that his contract had been terminated on Monday.
- ‘Call if you can, text if you can’t’: Norfolk introduces text capability for 911
- President Trump delivers recorded farewell address
- Oklahoma judge orders ‘Tiger King’ zoo to turn over big cats
- US soldier arrested in plot to blow up NYC 9/11 Memorial
- Virginia teacher on leave after video circulates defending mob march