NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Officials in Norfolk are canceling annual Independence Day celebrations as Gov. Northam extends Phase 1.
Both celebrations at Town Point Park on Saturday, July 4, and Ocean View Beach Park on Friday, July 3 are canceled this year.
City officials say the decision was made following Governor Northam’s announcement on May 28 to extend Phase 1 another week which delays the subsequent start of Phases 2 and 3.
The latest comes several days after the City of Virginia Beach canceled July 4 fireworks and some other events through July 5.
For more information on the latest virtual events, click HERE.
- York County responds to fire in apartment complex
- Police investigating shooting on Condor Street in Virginia Beach
- Man shot following dispute at large house party in Virginia Beach, police say
- Congresswoman Luria releases statement on Independence Day
- Missing Ocean View boater found safe with no injuries