NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Officials in Norfolk are canceling annual Independence Day celebrations as Gov. Northam extends Phase 1.
Both celebrations at Town Point Park on Saturday, July 4, and Ocean View Beach Park on Friday, July 3 are canceled this year.
City officials say the decision was made following Governor Northam’s announcement on May 28 to extend Phase 1 another week which delays the subsequent start of Phases 2 and 3.
The latest comes several days after the City of Virginia Beach canceled July 4 fireworks and some other events through July 5.
For more information on the latest virtual events, click HERE.
- AskHRGreen website celebrating 10-year anniversary by honoring 10 local ‘eco-educators’ with $1K awards
- New York county launches new investigation into Trump Organization
- Man shot 8 times by Spotsylvania sheriff’s deputy files lawsuit for over $25 million
- Latino voters will remember inaction on immigration reform, activists warn Democrats
- ‘Legendary Dad Bod’: Florida dad competing for $25K prize, raising money for pediatric cancer patients