NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The Norfolk Botanical Garden announced on Sunday that while the gardens are open, limited access may occur periodically to prevent overcrowded areas and support social distancing efforts.
The Norfolk Botanical Garden is open to the public on temporary hours from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. The WOW Children’s Garden is open on modified hours from 9:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
The gardens offer 16 miles of pathways with 175 acres to explore and garden staff says it is ok to step off the main path to see all the blooming spring beauty.
General daily admission tickets cost between $10 to $12 and can be purchased online to promote hands-free services and to minimize contact. The garden entry gate has a touchless scan system that scans general admission tickets and membership cards.
Public buildings will continue to remain closed and all adult and youth programs are canceled until further notice.
Tram services throughout the garden are also on-hold during the coronavirus closures.
Updates can be found on the NBG website.
Remember that while you are out enjoying the fresh air, it is important to practice and respect social distancing and proper hygiene guidelines.
An earlier version of this story stated select restrooms were open. This has been updated to read that all buildings are closed but restroom options are available.
- No COVID-19 update for North Carolina on Thanksgiving
- Michael Jordan donates $2 million from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Walmart Black Friday: The best deals you can find right now online
- Virginia Nov. 26 COVID-19 update: Va. on verge of breaking hospitalizations record, 2,600 cases, 21 new deaths reported
- Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Black Eyed Peas to perform in honor of nurses this Thanksgiving