NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) -- A Honduran man who authorities say entered the United States illegally pleaded guilty this week to transporting a minor for sexual purposes.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said 52-year-old Carlos Arturo Rodezno-Quintanilla sexually abused a girl from the time she was 4 years-old to when she was 13.
Prosecutors said Rodezno-Quintanilla went to Florida from Honduras in June with the girl -- who was 13 at the time. The two then traveled to Norfolk, where he continued to sexually abuse her.
The girl contacted Norfolk police to report the abuse shortly after the two arrived in the city.
Prosecutors said Rodezno-Quintanilla was on supervision while waiting further court proceedings at the time. The 52-year-old was immediately approached by immigration officers after he entered the country illegally.
He absconded that supervision before he was found in Norfolk.
Rodezno-Quintanilla could get up to 10 years in prison when he is sentenced March 29, 2018.
- Trump offers a 'Dreamers' deal for border-money proposal
- Hampton Police respond to shooting at Hooters Restaurant
- Man dies in early-morning shooting in Portsmouth
- Blog: Temperatures Taking A Nosedive On Sunday
- Police investigating early-morning Newport News shooting
- Man charged with DUI after multi-vehicle accident near 4th View in Norfolk
- Woman in wheelchair hit by vehicle in Portsmouth
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Hampton Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.