NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Norfolk Police have identified the man who died after a reported fall at a construction site on Colley Avenue last week.
Police responded on Sept. 23, at about 8:30 a.m. for a report of an undetermined death at the site of the new EVMS building, Waitzer Hall, located on the corner of Colley Avenue and W. Brambleton Avenue.
Once they arrived, police found a man unconscious, later identified as 25-year-old Evan Franklin of Portsmouth. Franklin was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Officials say The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will provide the official manner and cause of death but no further information is available at this time.
- VB School Board approves $828.8M budget with 5% pay raise for staff
- Vernon Jordan, activist, former Clinton adviser, dies at 85
- Pittsburgh eases past Wake Forest 70-57 to snap 5-game skid
- NC Senate to reconsider effort to override Gov. Cooper’s veto of school reopening bill
- New York is ready for a new governor in 2022, NewsNation poll finds